There are a lot of activities you can’t do right now. In fact, most things outside your home that involve anyone other than a cashier, pharmacist, healthcare worker or delivery professional are currently off the table. At the same time, many of the hard working among us have been prohibited from working. Which creates another level of challenges.
Time to Think
When you can’t take action, the most valuable thing you can do is think. I have spent my entire career as a professional creative thinker. I’ve worked through thousands of business challenges of all sizes and shapes (except for a tiny rhombic dodecahedron). And the great solutions always come during times of deep, focused thinking.
And there is no place to think like the shower. It’s a perfect environment to relax, clear your head and do the type of thinking that makes a real difference. The type of thinking that solves problems, sparks valuable new ideas, and helps you rebalance again. All while controlling your dandruff. #multitasking
The Thinking Prescription
- Find some time each day for a long hot shower.
- Make sure there is no music or sound from a TV.
- Shower by yourself. (Otherwise you’ll be thinking other thoughts.)
- Relax. And think of what you can do right now. For yourself, your community, your clients, your family or friends.
- Think about what you can do tomorrow.
- Think of the opportunities.
- Work through your work challenges
- Think bigger than you think you should.
You’re sure to come out with a clear head and new ideas. Oh, and you’ll also be clean. And right now that’s more valuable than ever.
The 2 most valuable ingredients of success are strong actions and strong thinking. When you can’t act, think. It will help you solve problems and create a plan of action. Thinking unlocks doors. And it reminds you, in case you forgot, that you are still in control.
*If you know someone who could benefit from this message, please share it with them.