Let me be totally clear with you. As the author of What Does Your Fortune Cookie Say? I am totally biased towards this book. After all, I shared some of the best advice and nuggets of inspiration I have ever received in this book. Which is why I think What Does Your Fortune Cookie Say? from Ripples Media is the perfect Spring Break book.
So, what exactly makes this book so perfectly Spring Breaky? I’m glad you asked via that last sentence I wrote.
10 Reasons Why What Does Your Fortune Cookie Say? is the perfect Spring Break book.
- It contains 80 valuable life lessons the universe is trying to share with you. So if you are tired of books that only contain between 1 and 79 life lessons, this book will finally live up to your demanding expectations.
2. It was written to help readers learn a little, laugh a little, and lift a little. And who couldn’t use more L’s in their life?
3. The book fits easily into carry-on, checked, and road trip luggage. Best of all, this book is book-sized. So it is designed to fit easily anywhere books typically fit easily.
4. It’s packed with inspirational quotes from such notable thinkers as JFK, Peter Druker, Lincoln, Annonymous and My Kids. (Who occasionally say really smart and profound things by accident.)
5. You can learn inspirational personal growth techniques in as little as 1 minute of reading. Because this book is like the Minute Rice of Inspirational Books. In fact, you can sneak in full chapters of WDYFCS between naps, kid interruptions, or the cabana boy coming to ask if you would like another pina colada. (Fun fact: Pina Colada literally translated means ‘Ef-yeah I want another pina colada!’)
6. You can simply read the Last Bite summaries at the end of each chapter and get the gist of the book in about 25 minutes. However, the Last Bites are not funny. Because in the bare-bones summations of the Last Bites there was no room for the funny bone.
7. Each chapter provides an easy and actionable life lesson you can implement while still on vacation. Or as soon as you return to your regularly scheduled programming at home.
8. The book is funny. I sprinkled funnies throughout to keep people reading in the same way a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. The humor and pop culture references will have you smiling and laughing. And they will have everyone else asking you ‘What’s so funny?’ If you don’t believe me read this.
9. The book features 82 easy-to-read chapters. So you can read a lot of pages quickly. Which will make you feel like you got something out of that Evelyn Wood speed-reading class.
10. The book itself has a very high SPF rating. Holding it between the sun and your skin will augment your sun protection program. All without lotions, sprays or a zincy schnoz.
11. The book already has 38 5-star ratings on Amazon. Which is even more ratings and a better overall score than Sara Blakely’s book. And she’s a self-made billionaire. (You can check out Sara’s great book here: The Belly Art Project: Moms Supporting Moms.)
Leaving for Spring break without a book is like taking a bath without a rubber ducky. Sure, you could do it. It just wouldn’t be as fun. And there would be no reason to sing that Rubber Ducky song from Burt and Ernie on Sesame Street. So pick up your copy of What Does Your Fortune Cookie Say? today. Or find out more about the book and the author at FortuneCookieBook.com.
*If you know someone who could use a good Spring Break book, please share this with them.
+If it is too late to order from Amazon before your spring break, and you are in the Milwaukee area, stop by Winkie’s in Whitefish Bay, or shoot me a message and I’ll get you a book for your trip. I’ll happily sign it for you too.