The day after Labor Day is one of my favorite days of the year. It’s not because people stop wearing white pants. I love me some white jeans, and I usually break them out this week when everyone else’s white pants start smelling mothbally.
I love this day because it is the real start to the new year. When I first started school, Labor Day was the kickoff. The same was true for fall sports. Which makes now a natural time to start your own year.
Today, offices return to full strength after being down players throughout the summer. And from today until Thanksgiving, pumpkin spice joins the realm of gold, frankincense and myrrh the way Neil Young joined Crosby, Stills and Nash. (Side note: Did you know Neil Young is now married to Daryl Hannah? How weird is that?)
If you need a little motivation to kick off your best year ever here are a few timely reads I suggest checking out.
5 Motivational Post-Labor Day Reads
- Why September 3rd is the real New Year’s Day.
- Why September 6th is the most important day of the year.
- Right after Labor Day is the best time for all professionals to do this.
- Two questions to refocus your career every Labor Day.
- Why there has never been a better time to wear white.
Have a great day! Have a great year! And keep rocking those white pants.