Everyone has a story. I recently sat down with Dave Molenda on the Positive Polarity Podcast to tell my story. Ok, so it was more like a series of stories. Kind of like Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Which makes my episode the Podcast of a Wimpy Adult.
If you want to skip the backstory and go straight to the podcast click here.
Dave is a successful entrepreneur who grew a baby startup business into a $10 million beast. Then Dave wrote a book that became a #1 Amazon Best Seller called Growing On Purpose: The Formula to Strengthen Your Team AND Improve Your Customer Experience.
Dave is a really positive guy who is looking to find more positive people with positive ideas to share with the world. (I’m positive about that.) Which is why my friend and public relations expert Monica Baer connected us. Dave is also a great podcast host and found valuable topics to discuss.
Dave is also a member of the Long Hair Boys Club. Which is a club I made up. (But there are real shirts and real stickers coming soon.) In fact, Dave’s flow is so good it makes me look like Telly Savalas.
If you are looking for insights on how to start or grow a business, I share my approach here. If you want to know how to write a blog, it’s in there. If you ever wanted to pick my brain (hopefully not with an ice pick), the insights you are looking for are probably in here. And if you would like to get away from the election and Covid-19 for a while, there is no mention of either of those 2 topics in the podcast.
Topics Dave and I talked about:
- The process I used to discover my career passion
- How I got my first job in advertising
- How I started my own business
- Where the name The Weaponry came from.
- How I develop new business opportunities
- Why I give away the goods for free (like a crack dealer)
- How I built my blog (which now has 515 posts)
- How I find time to write
- Where my ideas come from
- My favorite blogging topic
- My goals
- My tip of the week.
- The Weaponry’s fake website we had for 3 years.
- Why Laverne & Shirley are part of The Weaponry
- How I applied my athletic background to business.
- The strength of a good name
- Being a dude with long hair.
If you want to hear the podcast click on the link below. And don’t miss my Tip Of The Week at 46:40.
The link to hear Adam Albrecht sharing everything he knows with Dave Molenda
Thanks for having me Dave! (And thanks for the introduction Monica.)