I don’t have any tattoos. At least none that I know of. But I like to think about what I would get inked in my epidermis if I was into such things. This little exercise keeps me looking for significant words, images and icons with the potential to provide a powerful, positive and long-lasting impact on my life. Yet, because I only think about it, I save money on both the inking and the laser removal cost when I realize the tattoo artists I hired didn’t use spellcheck on their work.
If you asked me today what tattoo I would get, I have a quick answer. There are 3 words that I would have written under my eyelids so I could still see them when I am wearing a turtleneck or asleep.
The 3 Words:
Opportunities Never Cease
I love this phrase. It is the optimist’s motto. It is the pessimist’s hope. It is the entrepreneur’s crack. It is the start of every great story.
This phrase is a great reminder that you can change the trajectory of your life at any point. You can improve. You can reinvent. You can shed your skin. Heck, you can even shed your backyard. Or your aquarium.
There are always great new opportunities:
- To create new things.
- To develop new relationships and improve or repair old ones.
- To learn, grow and transform.
- To establish a great habit.
- To create wealth and prosperity.
- To improve your attitude and outlook.
- Create your legacy.
- To have a positive impact on others.
- To make minds sparkle.
- To take control of your health.
- To apologize.
- To randomly write the word fart just to make people laugh.
- To salvage a bad day.
- To take the first step.
- To drop the weight you have carried. (Both literally and figuratively.)
- To discover how much you are capable of.
- To start your winning streak.
- To do something new for the first time.
- To discover a new favorite.
- To forgive yourself.
- To reprioritize.
Opportunities never cease. Discover the opportunities all around you. They are gateways to growth and happiness. And they are the blank pages for you to fill with the great stories and successes of your life.
*If you know someone who could benefit from this message, please share it with them.
+For more of the best life lessons I have learned check out my book, What Does Your Fortune Cookie Say? from Ripples Media.