There are 2 main reasons that people want to hear you tell your story.
- You have experienced success and others want to hear how you did it.
- You have failed in a spectacular way and people want to hear how you did it.
I’m not sure which category I fall into.
But I was recently invited to sit down with the great Justin Honaman to record an episode of his ContenderCast Podcast. Justin interviews entrepreneurs and people doing interesting thangs. I either qualified or found a useful loophole.
Like you, I was not born an entrepreneur. In fact, I spent 19 years working for someone else. But in my early 40s, with a significant mortgage, 3 kids and a wife that I really wanted to keep, I switched from Team Employee to Team Entrepreneur when I launched the advertising and ideas agency, The Weaponry.
When I started the agency I also started writing the Adam Albrecht blog, which now has 775 published posts. Most recently, I published my first book called What Does Your Fortune Cookie Say? Did I mention I also juggle? (And jiggle.)
If you want to hear more, check out the podcast. I share my backstory that led to my front-story. I talk about a lot of different stuff. And Justin asks great questions.
Things I talk about on the podcast:
- Growing up in Vermont
- My track & field success, setbacks and comebacks
- My college track & field experience at the University of Wisconsin
- My advertising career
- My real-life advanced degree in business
- How the universe turned me into a mid-career entrepreneur
- How you can become a mid-career entrepreneur
- Launching The Weaponry, the advertising and idea agency
- The inspiration behind the name The Weaponry
- The technology we used that made us pandemic proof
- Sharing financial information with our team
- The No A-Hole Rule
- How and why I started the Adam Albrecht Blog.
- Why blogs are amazing platforms for sharing ideas
- Recognizing the power of positive messages
- How I wrote My new book What Does Your Fortune Cookie Say?
- My next book on organizational culture with Jeff Hilimire
- If you’ve read this far you might as well just listen to the whole podcast
- How to continuously upgrade your thinking
- Why I collect keys
- The first thing I do every morning
- The 2 questions my wife uses to inspire my career progress.
- Much much more!
Have a great weekend!